Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Abstract Painting

Abstract Painting
"Cheltenham." "Doncaster.I know,my girl!After all,I picked up his ticket,didn't I?" "Well,he told me he was going to Cheltenham. I'm sure he did." "Oh,you've got it wrong.He was going to Doncaster all right.Some peoplehave all the luck.I've got a bit on Firefly for the Leger and I'd love tosee it run." "I shouldn't think Mr Cust went to race-meetings,he doesn't look thekind.Oh,Tom,I hope he won't get murdered.It's Doncaster the A B C murder'sgoing to be." "Cust'll be all right.His name doesn't begin with a D." "He might have been murdered last time.He was down near Churston atTorquay when the last murder happened." "Was he?That's a bit of a coincidence,isn't it?" He laughed. "He wasn't at Bexhill the time before,was he?"
Abstract Painting
Lily crinkled her brows. "He was away......Yes,I remember he was away......because he forgot hisbathing-dress.Mother was mending it for him.And she said:"There-Mr Cust wentaway yesterday without his bathing-dress after all,"and I said:"Oh,nevermind the old bathing-dress-there's been the most awful murder,"I said,"agirl strangled at Bexhill." "Well,if he wanted his bathing-dress,he must have been going to theseaside.I say,Lily'-his face crinkled up with amusement."What price yourold dugout being the murderer himself?" "Poor Mr Cust?He wouldn't hurt a fly,"laughed Lily. They danced on happily-in their conscious minds nothing but the pleasureof being together. In their unconscious minds something stirred......
Abstract Painting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting