Sunday, August 24, 2008

Caravaggio Judith Beheading Holofernes painting

Caravaggio Judith Beheading Holofernes paintingWilliam Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche paintingWilliam Bouguereau the first kiss painting
behind him, and he was easily faked out of balance. All I had to fear from him was the span of his arms and the clutch of his hands, both which I found it possible to elude by ducking, feinting, and springing -- the finest arts of goatdom. The real danger was that the crowd who quickly pressed round to urge us on would take up my springing-room; this peril I minimized by the simple expedient of leading Croaker full tilt into them on every pass until they maintained a respectful distance.
"Olé!"they cheered, more enthusiastic than ever."Olé! Olé!" Never since my ill-starred tenure as Dean of the Hill had I known such applause. I curbed my exhilaration with that memory and looked before I leaped, passing under his arms, feinting here, springing there, spinning, dodging, dancing from him, and always gauging from the corners of my eyes my distance from the crowd. Five times I passed him, and a sixth, each

No comments: