Sunday, January 27, 2008

the last supper painting

the last supper painting
picture of the last supper
leonardo da vinci last supper painting
leonardo da vinci mona lisa
¡¡¡¡'I do,' I made answer. ¡¡¡¡'Then what is it worth to you? Another man's life, I mean. Come, now, what is it worth?' ¡¡¡¡The value of life? How could I put a tangible value upon it? Somehow I, who have always had expression, lacked expression when with Wolf Larsen. I have since determined that a part of it was due to the man's personality, but that the greater part was due to his totally different outlook. Unlike other materialists I had met, and with whom I had
oil painting
something in common to start on, I had nothing in common with him. Perhaps, also, it was the elemental simplicity of his mind that baffled me. He drove so directly to the core of the matter, divesting a question always of all superfluous details, and with such an air of finality, that I seemed to find myself struggling in deep water with no footing under me. Value of life? How could I answer the question on the spur of the moment? The sacredness of life I had accepted as axiomatic. That it was intrinsically valuable was a truism I had never questioned. But when he challenged the truism I was speechless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last supper painting"