Tuesday, October 30, 2007

madonna with the yarnwinder painting

madonna with the yarnwinder painting
klimt painting the kiss
leonardo da vinci self portrait
Madonna Litta
¡¡¡¡ JUDE'S reverie was interrupted by the creak of footsteps ascending the stairs. ¡¡¡¡ He whisked Sue's clothing from the chair where it was drying, thrust it under the bed, and sat down to his book. Somebody knocked and opened the door immediately. It was the landlady. ¡¡¡¡ "Oh, I didn't know whether you was in or not, Mr. Fawley. I wanted to know if you would require supper. I see you've a young gentleman----" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, ma'am. But I think I won't come down to-night. Will you bring supper up on a tray, and I'll have a cup of tea as well." ¡¡¡¡ It was Jude's custom to go downstairs to the kitchen, and eat his meals with the family, to save trouble. His landlady brought up the supper, however, on this occasion, and he took it from her at the door. ¡¡¡¡ When she had descended he set the teapot on the hob, and drew out Sue's clothes anew; but they were far from dry. A thick woollen gown, he found, held a deal of water. So he hung them up again, and enlarged his fire and mused as the steam from the garments went up the chimney. ¡¡¡¡ Suddenly she said, "Jude!" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes. All right. How do you feel now?" ¡¡¡¡ "Better. Quite well. Why, I fell asleep, didn't I? What time is it? Not late surely?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

madonna with the yarnwinder painting

Anonymous said...

madonna with the yarnwinder painting

Anonymous said...

madonna with the yarnwinder painting