Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Van Gogh Painting

Van Gogh Painting
which appeared to me so inexplicable, remained unexplained, I thought it was the duty of all of us to refrain from suspecting anybody. But, then, that seemingly senseless phrase - "The presbytery has lost nothing of its charm, nor the garden its brightness" - still rang in my ears. What did it mean? I was eager to rejoin Rouletabille and question him.
At that moment the young man came out of the chateau in the company of Monsieur Robert Darzac, and, extraordinary to relate, I saw, at a glance, that they were the best of friends. "We are going to The Yellow Room. Come with us," Rouletabille said to me. "You know, my dear boy, I am going to keep you with me all day. We'll breakfast together somewhere about here -"
"You'll breakfast with me, here, gentlemen -"
"No, thanks," replied the young man. "We shall breakfast at the Donjon Inn."
"You'll fare very badly there; you'll not find anything -"

No comments: