Monday, March 10, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Kiss

Gustav Klimt The Kiss
Famous painting
Art Painting
Modern Art Painting
Oh! then it is with Mrs Heathcliff you must settle,' she observed; `or rather with me. She has not learnt to manage her affairs yet, and I act for her: there's nobody else.'
I looked surprised.
`Ah! you have not heard of Heathcliff's death, I see,' she continued.
`Heathcliff dead!' I exclaimed, astonished. `How long ago?'
`Three months since: but sit down and let me take your hat, and I'll tell you all about it. Stop, you have had nothing to eat, have you?'
oil paintings
`I want nothing: I have ordered supper at home. You sit down too. I never dreamt of his dying! Let me hear how it came to pass. You say you don't expect them back for some time--the young people?'
`No--I have to scold them every evening for their late rambles: but they don't care for me. At least have a drink of our old ale; it will do you good: you seem weary.'
She hastened to fetch it before I could refuse, and I heard Joseph asking whether `it warn't a crying scandal that she should have fellies at her time of life? And then, to get them jocks out uh' t' maister's cellar! He fair shaamed to `bide still and see it.'

No comments: