Friday, January 25, 2008

William Bouguereau paintings

William Bouguereau paintings
William Bouguereau
The Birth of Venus
Marc Chagall Painting
Henri Matisse Painting
now--and now he does. Your complexion is so improved!--and you have gained so much countenance!--and your figure--nay, Fanny, do not turn away about it--it is but an uncle. If you cannot bear an uncle's admiration, what is to become of you? You must really begin to harden yourself to the idea of being worth looking at. You must try not to mind growing up into a pretty woman." ¡¡¡¡ "Oh! don't talk so, don't talk so," cried Fanny, distressed by more feelings than he was aware of; but seeing that she was distressed, he had done with the subject, and only added more seriously--
oil painting
¡¡¡¡ "Your uncle is disposed to be pleased with you in every respect; and I only wish you would talk to him more. You are one of those who are too silent in the evening circle." ¡¡¡¡ "But I do talk to him more than I used. I am sure I do. Did not you hear me ask him about the slave-trade last night?" ¡¡¡¡ "I did--and was in hopes the question would be followed up by others. It would have pleased your uncle to be inquired of farther." ¡¡¡¡ "And I longed to do it--but there was such a dead silence! And while my cousins were sitting by without speaking a word, or seeming at all interested in the subject, I did not like-- I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William Bouguereau"