Wednesday, January 23, 2008

William Bouguereau paintings

William Bouguereau
William Bouguereau paintings
Marc Chagall Painting Why should it surprise you? You must suppose me designed for some profession, and might perceive that I am neither a lawyer, nor a soldier, nor a sailor." ¡¡¡¡ "Very true; but, in short, it had not occurred to me. And you know there is generally an uncle or a grandfather to leave a fortune to the second son." "A very praiseworthy practice," said Edmund, "but not quite universal. I am one of the exceptions, and _being_ one, must do something for myself."
oil painting
¡¡¡¡ "'But why are you to be a clergyman? I thought _that_ was always the lot of the youngest, where there were many to chuse before him." ¡¡¡¡ "Do you think the church itself never chosen, then?" ¡¡¡¡ "_Never_ is a black word. But yes, in the _never_ of conversation, which means _not_ _very_ _often_, I do think it. For what is to be done in the church? Men love to distinguish themselves, and in either of the other lines distinction may be gained, but not in the church. A clergyman is nothing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William Bouguereau"