Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Broken Pitcher

The Broken Pitcher
The Jewel Casket
The Kitchen Maid
The Lady of Shalott
and which I really don't know myself that I AM suited for; and isn't she up early and late, and going to and fro continually - and doesn't she do all sorts of things, and grope into all sorts of places, coal-holes and pantries and I don't know where, that can't be very agreeable - and do you mean to insinuate that there is not a sort of devotion in that?' ¡¡¡¡'I don't insinuate at all,' said Peggotty. ¡¡¡¡'You do, Peggotty,' returned my mother. 'You never do anything else, except your work. You are always insinuating. You revel in it. And when you talk of Mr. Murdstone's good intentions -' ¡¡¡¡'I never talked of 'em,' said Peggotty. ¡¡¡¡'No, Peggotty,' returned my mother, 'but you insinuated. That's what I told you just now. That's the worst of you. You WILL insinuate. I s
oil painting
aid, at the moment, that I understood you, and you see I did. When you talk of Mr. Murdstone's good intentions, and pretend to slight them (for I don't believe you really do, in your heart, Peggotty), you must be as well convinced as I am how good they are, and how they actuate him in everything. If he seems to have been at all stern with a certain person, Peggotty - you understand, and so I am sure does Davy, that I am not alluding to anybody present - it is

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Broken Pitcher"
还没有评论。 - 显示原始文章

Anonymous said...

The Broken Pitcher
tydrtyrtd

Anonymous said...

The Broken Pitcher