Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bouguereau William

Bouguereau William
Painters are so fond of islands, are they not?" said Miss Marple. "Chopin – that was Majorca, was it not? But he was a musician. It is Gauguin I am thinking of. A sad life - misspent, one feels. I myself never really care for paintings of native women - and although I know he is very much admired - I have never cared for that lurid mustard colour. One really feels quite bilious looking at his pictures."
She eyed Cedric with a slightly disapproving air.
"Tell us about Lucy as a child, Miss Marple," said Cedric.
She smiled up at him delightedly.
Bouguereau William
Lucy was always so clever," she said. "Yes, you were, dear – now don't interrupt. Quite remarkable at arithmetic. Why, I remember when the butcher overcharged me for topside of beef…"
Miss Marple launched full steam ahead into reminiscences of Lucy's childhood and from there to experiences of her own in village life.
The stream of reminiscence was interrupted by the entry of Bryan and the boys rather wet and dirty as a result of an enthusiastic search for clues. Tea was brought in and with it came Dr. Quimper who raised his eyebrows slightly as he looked round after acknowledging his introduction to the old lady.
Bouguereau William

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bouguereau William
xdhf

Anonymous said...

Gustav Klimt Painting